Many a brilliant round has been ruined on the Green Mile and the Wanamker Trophy on Sunday could be decided by these three holes.
Traditionally, the course host's the PGA TOUR's Wells Fargo Championship.
Phelps and his wife Nicole Johnson followed Spieth, U.S. Open champion Brooks Koepka and Masters champion Sergio Garcia for most of the round, mostly staying out of the way but always visible.
Rory McIlroy, who made a decision to wear pants, said "You have guys walking down the fairway and you're like, even though there's one carrying the bag that has shorts on, and the other, I don't know, it's hard to recognise them at some point".
I hit the driver really good.
"Unfortunately the good work I've done on my putting this year hasn't yielded any results because I've been putting for par". "But I came back rejuvenated".
The golf course "has always been a place where guys could experiment with what they were wearing", said Mike McAllister, who writes a blog about golf fashion at chapeaunoirgolf.com. "I feel very comfortable here", he said. Length is definitely a bit of an advantage here, especially on the par 5s.
"Some of these putts that I had for birdie are really one-out-of-five maybe to make", he said. I was very disappointed to bogie the last, but three over is three over.
Perhaps as much as anything, Perry is just pleased to have rejuvenated his career. It's the same game I've been playing for 23, 24 years. I've got control over it finally.
His path to joining Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan, Gary Player and Gene Sarazen as the only males to complete the modern Grand Slam is far more obstructed than the one he forged at Royal Birkdale, but, typical of Spieth, he does see a viable route.
With no status on the US PGA Tour or its second tier, Deane progressed through 54 holes of qualifying to win a sudden-death, nine-hole shootout. Rory McIlroy has not added a Major to the four he had won till 2014, but the fact that his last major was a PGA at Valhalla will surely spur him on to make it five.
"It has been too hard for me". And it worked out. But yeah, I got his information so I'll probably reach out to him tonight and see how he's doing.
"I thought Jordan played OK", Koepka said. I am excited going into this week.
"I played a practice round and was pretty much hitting it in all the same spots as 2015", Perry said. Day bagged a birdie at the par-4 fifth hole before a stunning eagle at the par-5 seventh and, after picking up another shot at the eighth, signed for a 70.
- Golf Tournament Predictions: PGA Championship 8/9/17
- Glen Campbell's Daughter Mourns Iconic Father's Death Via Twitter - Pals Follow
- Apple's iPhone 8 might feature power of gaze to silence notifications
- On and Off Showers on Wednesday
- Stock markets lower, gold price continues to rise amid political tensions
- Everything You Know About 'Secure' Passwords Is Wrong
- IPhone 8 leak validates home button-less full-screen display front panel
- French Police Arrest Suspected Driver in Military Ramming Attack
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to Feature In-Screen Fingerprint Sensor: KGI
- Google Fires Engineer Who Wrote Controversial Anti-Diversity Memo