The Nigeria global, Alex Iwobi, finally had a taste of action with Arsenal, after a long time, as he was introduced as a second half substitute in the Gunners' 2-0 win over already relegated Sunderland.
Arsenal are now fifth in the table, three points behind fourth-placed Manchester City and four adrift of third-placed Liverpool, who have played a game more.
Arsene Wenger feels Arsenal can qualify for the Champions League next season if they beat last season's point tally.
The hosts managed to see out the closing stages easily to claim three points as they push for a top four spot.
"I didn't decide to play him until four in the afternoon today", Wenger said. The last-ditch effort for Arsene Wenger to save his job could work should the Gunners make the top four and win the FA Cup final against crosstown rivals Chelsea.
"I answered for 20 years the question, "the top four is nothing special". I'm quite surprised. I want to absolutely make sure that we are in there but after that let's get to 75 points and see what happens.
"Sunderland fought and you want that in the Premier League, that is what you want from every team".
"I don't think Sunderland did that tonight, We had a go". After, you have to accept the result.
Toure then put the game beyond doubt with the third early in the second half and though Hal Robson-Kanu pulled one back late on, West Brom were well beaten.
Despite the praise, Wenger insisted the Gunners do not require another goalkeeper in their ranks saying: "We have plenty of goalkeepers".
"I don't understand how the managers speak for other clubs and other teams".
Moyes said that British players had too much pride to ever give anything less than 100 per cent, a common theme of his this season. It is hard to get points in this league, hard for everybody. "You will always have regrets because you could have one point more ..."
'We have lost three away games recently that we shouldn't have lost - at West Brom just before the global break, and after at Crystal Palace.
- Celtics win NBA draft lottery, Lakers at No. 2 keep pick
- Why Concussion Spotters Couldn't Pull Sidney Crosby From Game 6 Vs. Capitals
- China offers billions for new Silk Road initiative
- House oversight committee wants Comey to testify next week
- Trump contradicts his own White House on reasons for Comey firing
- Pittsford Central Only Monroe County School Not to Pass Budget
- Sheffield professor's advice on how to protect yourself — NHS cyber attack
- 'WannaCry' ransomware attack: What we know
- Now what? Election puts BC into political parts unknown
- Iran reformist drops out of election, supports Rouhani